[TC] Gaming Forums
Racing Event Idea - Community interest, cast your vote! - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Racing Event Idea - Community interest, cast your vote! (/showthread.php?tid=36811)

Racing Event Idea - Community interest, cast your vote! - Ras - 2023-09-22 15:03

Good day all,

I have been toying with the idea of creating a new race event within [TC] (Events server), that involves racing the GT mod cars, like the ones in the images below. They are really cool mods and dont get used enough, i feel like. I figured it would be fun to have a full-on event with them. Completely realistically and within Rules of Clean Racing (https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Rules_of_Clean_Racing)

I'm thinking final winners would receive a notable prize - Insim € / car.

The racing could be endurance with more than one driver per car, or a grand prix with shorter races over a period of time.

Custom skins would be encouraged for each team/driver, but not mandatory to participate. There could even be a skin competition associated with the event.

[Image: image.png] [Image: image.png]
[Image: image.png]
[Image: image.png]

Please let me know, if you have any interest in taking part in such event, by voting as well as leaving a reply. That way i know, if this idea is something i should continue with.

Thanks in advance!

[Image: 2023%20BGT%20About.jpg]

RE: Racing Event Idea - Community interest, cast your vote! - bowler - 2023-09-22 16:39

yh this sounds exiting to me give me date and time Smile it will spice things up abit +1 from me mate

RE: Racing Event Idea - Community interest, cast your vote! - fWANKy - 2023-09-22 16:44

yes sounds very interesting. sprint races sound better for the ones that dont race but want to do it, throwing them into an endurance race might be too much carnage.

also sprint races that cover 1 race on every track to keep it more fun and points from 1st down to 10th after each round sounds good.

looking forward to this if it happens

RE: Racing Event Idea - Community interest, cast your vote! - Carl - 2023-09-22 19:25

Sprint races seem good for me. I agree with Frank that Endu racing might discourage a fair few players. Maybe:

2x 25-30min races for example.

RE: Racing Event Idea - Community interest, cast your vote! - Epilogue - 2023-09-23 11:33

Definitely up for it. I'd suggest a survey for time to race/type of racing in when2meet or google form a week before the scheduled raceday, I believe it would be very efficient for collecting opinions as well as bringing more attention to those unaware

RE: Racing Event Idea - Community interest, cast your vote! - Ras - 2023-09-23 12:08

(2023-09-23 11:33)Epilogue Wrote:  Definitely up for it. I'd suggest a survey for time to race/type of racing in when2meet or google form a week before the scheduled raceday, I believe it would be very efficient for collecting opinions as well as bringing more attention to those unaware
This is an interesting idea.

To build onto it, maybe something like this:

Races will be held with 2 week intervals.
Two weeks before raceday, a vote will held (posted right after a race ended), to decide between a selection of tracks as well as an event start time for the next race and after a week of voting, signups would open for the next race (which would be a week after this point), when voting results are in.

In theory, there could be an unlimited amount of races, as long as the interest is there, every 2 weeks.

In this case, i'd say there will be qualification on the day, right before the race and then winners announced after the event, with possibility of prizes for each race.

RE: Racing Event Idea - Community interest, cast your vote! - Vilix - 2024-03-20 11:40

I've only stumbled upon this suggestion now, a bit late on my part haha.

I absolutely love those GT cars (I've hotlapped just about all of them at this point), and it would be very cool to have a TC event for a race or something along those lines. +1 from me if this idea is still in consideration and perhaps this could be announced somewhere else as well so more people such as myself stumble upon it.

RE: Racing Event Idea - Community interest, cast your vote! - Marty_Deslions - 2024-03-22 11:34

Nice idea! Would be great to have such event. I'm not sure if I would participate, since I'm not that good of a racist. But maybe TC also needs people to be TOW / Safety car?

RE: Racing Event Idea - Community interest, cast your vote! - Ras - 2024-03-22 16:25

Thanks for showing interest. Idea is not completely forgotten. Hope to get around to it at some point!