[TC] Gaming Forums
Watch out for the new Insim update! - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Watch out for the new Insim update! (/showthread.php?tid=37789)

Watch out for the new Insim update! - Hamster - 2024-03-31 10:21

The new Insim update has introduced a serious change that causes, among others:
- forcing the use of a vehicle with a lightbar as a Cop.

Basic cars such as FZ5, TBO, LX, etc. can no longer be used!
Instead, you have to use mod versions of the cars with a lightbar.

NOTE -> Admins claim that the versions of cars with Lightbar are identical to the versions of the same cars without Lightbar (basic versions of cars from S1/S2) - WHICH IS FALSE!

This has already been known since the mod versions appeared, but admins seem to be trying to cover it up.

The lightbar versions of the cars are the same only on paper, but in reality they have a different, much worse suspension, which is significantly raised - which causes a significant difference in driving cars with a lightbar compared to LFS default cars - and this probably applies to all lightbar version cars.

(You can clearly see that in these screenshots - the same setup copied from the FZ5 version of the car):

FZ50 - default car:
[Image: sYqrYRx.png]

FZ50 LIGHTBAR - mod car:
[Image: BhHi39o.png]

Setup is automatically raised which shouldn't happen since the cars - as the admins claim - are 100% identical! (the sliders must be in the same position when we copy the setup).
If we want to lower the suspension so the values are the same - it is impossible!, because the MINIMUM value does not even allow for such a strong lowering of the car!

The second very important thing, why at least I didn't drive lightbar versions of the default cars, is the inability to set your car sound on SHIFT + A, which is very important for me.

For each "default" car in the game, I have a personalized car sound, which helps me hear the engine revs and adds additional immersion to the game.

For mod cars - versions with a lightbar have default engine sounds, which for me are too quiet and unrealistic!

So for these 2 reasons I didn't take car versions with a lightbar, and I think that the LARGE MAJORITY of people who Cop in the FZ5, TBO, LX, RAC (although for the LX4 and LX6 there is not even a lightbar version, which is also a great loss, and many people, including me, liked to Cop in these cars for refreshment) mean the same thing!

EDIT: I see that Chuck explained how to permanently change the sounds of mod cars, you need to dig into the game folders.

3rd thing that may be annoying is the additional planning of space for uploading skins to versions with a lightbar on LFS World.
Just copying all the skins and setups is nothing compared to this.

RE: Watch out for the new Insim update! - robo1990 - 2024-03-31 10:42

i didnt go into as much detail as this but i also made thoughts on it this morning but made to feel like im going crazy i enjoy my time here and some mods etc but why siding so much to s3 is crazy. choice and selection is one of the best things about TC in general and cops and robbers is great server choice i love getting away from cops in all cars slow and fast its a real test of ability also while chasing. for it to be generally forced is again a very harsh move i dont see the fascination myself. changes been made in the game before have drove a lot of players away and we wonder why the numbers and players arent as i high as they once was. its hard to make a argument to drive on tc when the choices arent your own to what car you even want to use anymore

RE: Watch out for the new Insim update! - Carl - 2024-03-31 11:17

Well this renders my post made >here< incorrect, at least on the setup part. My apologies. The post was my own personal post and not a reflection of "the admins" as you say. I decided to ask Elmo about the car. He hasn't changed anything but for some reason there is a discrepancy in the editor when it comes to ride height. Everything else is the same?

As for the other things, well times are moving on and the server is evolving. We can't remain in the old era forever. At least if a night/day cycle ever arrives, I can bet everyone will have no issue using a light bar then. Biggrin

RE: Watch out for the new Insim update! - Chuck - 2024-03-31 12:01

There is a solution for the setups

It seems like the difference in setups is caused by differences in the default setups. While the game FZ5 is shipped with a [DEFAULT] setup, the editor version is shipped with two setups named [ROAD] and [RALLYCROSS].

I replaced those 2 setups with an exported version one from the game. Now, the slider ranges match up! 0.230m - 0.070m for the rear and 0.220m - 0.060m for the front.

There remains one little thing, the loaded values from a copied setup file still differ, but at least you can now manually adjust the ride height to where it was before.

I guess Elmo will provide an updated version soon.

Either way, it's not the end of the world.

RE: Watch out for the new Insim update! - Ali - 2024-03-31 18:52

Disrupting the established order is frustrating and takes time to get used to. I agree with everything Hamster said and I noticed it myself when I was setting up the tool. It also takes up unnecessary space for skins.

RE: Watch out for the new Insim update! - Samet - 2024-04-01 02:13

(2024-03-31 11:17)Carl Wrote:  Well this renders my post made >here< incorrect, at least on the setup part. My apologies. The post was my own personal post and not a reflection of "the admins" as you say. I decided to ask Elmo about the car. He hasn't changed anything but for some reason there is a discrepancy in the editor when it comes to ride height. Everything else is the same?

As for the other things, well times are moving on and the server is evolving. We can't remain in the old era forever. At least if a night/day cycle ever arrives, I can bet everyone will have no issue using a light bar then. Biggrin

I'm sure people will use it voluntarily when the day-night cycle arrives. By making this mandatory without a day/night cycle you've alienated most players from the game, including me! It's a good thing that people have the right to choose.

RE: Watch out for the new Insim update! - Chuck - 2024-04-01 04:57

You have a little bit of work of copying skins and setup, so what? You have plenty of time. And it was just a matter of time anyway. Are you saying you would have complained less in 3 years? Hardly.

We've come up with solutions for all real issues, like the sound and the setups.

That should be said, Hamster acted like its the end of the world but we're talking here about no more than 3cm for the front suspension and 2cm on the rear suspension (on the FZ5), until Elmo released a fixed version. THREE CENTIMETERS! If your luck depends on 3 cm, then you should seek professional help, sorry.

And why do you need extra skin slots? What was the FZ5 skin before then becomes the FZ5 LIGHTBAR skin. Why would you need additional space? And even if, you can invest £1 to get 50 more slots. ONE POUND. If your luck depends on £1, again, seek help. Furthermore, as the car selection was narrowed down, chances are very good that a skin is already hosted by somebody else.

Some people are just incredibly inflexible and deny any kind of change, no matter what it is. However, none of this can prevent us from developing further. If we'd wait until everyone has approved, we'd still live in the stone-age, and everyone would be driving FZ5.

The advantages, on the other hand, are clearly visible. Literally. Cops are finally visible among the traffic. So are all other EMS units. Especially cops in chase are much easier to spot, and that again is in your favour. How often have cops complained not been seen when in a hurry?

RE: Watch out for the new Insim update! - robo1990 - 2024-04-01 08:22

i think its more based on the decision has been took away from people that use it most and the complaining from people that dont have been listened to when in fact due to acciedents etc they are a lot of the problem as they dont educate themselves on rules. if we are honest there is more people that complain then not and the game is moving faster than people actually taking time to read rules etc. i think this has a place at somepoint i just think the choice should still be valid and stop pushing s3 at people when the system was good as a option anyway. and yes chuck 3 cm in any setup is a lot for balance tbf mainly for races or people with good feel for a car.

RE: Watch out for the new Insim update! - Felipe Jardim - 2024-04-01 11:37

I think the selection of cars got too "narrowed down" with this recent change. Even non VCU guys should be able to use cars with lights in their grilles, etc as long as they are emitting the appropriate color light for their role (Yellow for tow, red for res/med, blue for cop)

There should be a whitelist thread for cars that aren't added to the roles where users can suggest further additions.

I personally still think we should have the freedom of choice to drive anything we want as long as the skin is compliant with the rules, but who am i to make decisions? And tbf, the skin rules are now completely redundant if we are limited to a certain car configuration...